I really want to check up on my daughter..Im worried

I am struggling with the letting go,I feel as though she has given up and she has requested i leave her alone,why is this so friggin hard?She has treated me like crap the last decade and yet I just need to know that she is okay...or not.The anxiety is stifling...
  • 4 Commentsby Likes|Date
  • @Mommasheathen83 ;Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I'm so sorry that you are struggling with this right now. As a mother of adult children myself, I do understand the anxiety and fear that can come. I have not felt it to that degree though I must say, because the Dynamics are different.

Are you able to either attend a support group or see a therapist? right now there's a battle going on in your mind, and to experience any peace , that's where you're going to have to start doing some work. Your thought life. There are professionals that work  specifically to help in this area. 

I understand how silence can be Haunting. I've had to let go of my adult son for the most part. Every once in awhile I text him that I love him or leave a message on his phone letting him know I'm thinking about him, but most of the time I just let him be. That's what he wants, and I respect that. I have no idea what he's up to, and though at times it does make me feel sad, I've made a decision to keep living my life. I deserve that. And so do you. 

Continue to learn about codependency . Look into Al-Anon or nar-anon or co-dependents Anonymous meetings. Check out YouTube videos on codependency or tips for letting go of an addict. I know this is very challenging and I wish there was something I could say that would help . my heart does go out to you. 

here for you if you need
  • I guess without a little context, it's hard to know how to proceed, but to be fair, if she has gone no contact....... whatever her reasons may be... there isn't a whole lot that can be done.
  • @Mommasheathen3 hey you! how are you holding up today?

thinking about you and sending you cyber hug...
  • @Mommasheathen3... I replied to the comment on another thread where you asked me how I learned to let go, so please be sure to look for that. And if you haven't read the book Codependent No More, definitely pick up a copy.