Ene123

I don't know  how to even start this I've known  my husband has been deported since we have 2 girls I would drive to mexico  every 3 weeks to see him about 5 months  ago I seen a big change in him and found out he was on meth he told me he wasn't going to drag me down this path with him.. Ever since  he has a female who give it to him for free so long story short he seems to call us and look for us a lot says he can't live like  this and needs his family  yet I still go to mexico and take his kids to see him yet this last time he begged me to stay told me he couldn't do this with out my help I stayed a week to help him start a detox and 24 hours later was back on meth I feel  bad I don't know  how to deal with  drug addicts  I never used I don't have any idea how to help him and if I give my life up in the states what if I can't keep him clean I know he want to do he says he just needs me to help I feel so lost.. 
  • 2 Commentsby Likes|Date
  • @Ene123 hello and welcome. i'm sorry you are going through this... it can be so challenging to be with an addict... the thing is, your presence may not help him get off meth. most of the time, addicts need to reach out for professional help to really get free. recovery is a learned experience, and it can take time....  it's his journey...and he must get to the point where he does whatever it takes to get and stay clean... 

take care of you.... you are responsible for you and your children... you may need some support at this time so that you can keep your peace of mind... consider a therapist or 12 step support group like narcotics anonymous....

we are here to listen...and offer encouragement... 

again, i'm sorry you are having to go through this.
  • Welcome to the community, @Ene123. I, too, am sorry that you're going through this difficult situation with your husband. But you have to remember what Al-Anon and Nar-Anon teach us about a loved one's addiction: "You didn't cause it, you can't control it, and you can't cure it." Unfortunately, your husband is the only one who can take the steps necessary to change his life. That's just how addiction is. You can be supportive if he chooses to get help, but you alone cannot change things.

Dominica has given you the best advice: Take care of YOU. At this point, you and your children need to be your number one priority. 

Definitely look at that article Dominica included the link to. And consider finding a Nar-Anon or Al-Anon meeting and attending it. 

We are here to help and support you however we can, so don't hesitate to reach out and lean on us anytime you need to. You are not alone. We're here, and we care.

I'm sending you positive energy and lots of hope. And I will keep your husband and your family in my thoughts and prayers.