Follow Me On My Path To Sobriety

Hi All,

I have decided to sober up. Hit rock bottom. Told a few people and gosh- it felt amazing. It helped me so much, that I have decided to open up Pandora's box that is Me to the world. If I can help one person know they are not alone, this will be worth everything.

Today was a Hard day, but got through this. Here is today's post with some alarming medical results....

http://watchalifesaved.blogspot.com/2018/02/the-beginning-of-journey.html

Follow me for updates daily on my journey to sobriety.
  • 4 Commentsby Likes|Date
  • @watchalifesaved hey jordan! welcome! congrats on wanting to stop drinking... and for admitting you were an alcoholic. i read your post... that's great you've been able to pass on beers. and great you will blog about this.

AA isn't for everyone... there is a support group called SMART Recovery. you may want to look into that. also, good books on recovery too. two books that helped me so much are This Naked Mind by Annie Grace and The Easy Way by Allen Carr. There a many great books though... helps to feed your mind some good food...cuz the battle is in that mind, for sure.

we are here when you want to share.... hope you have a great saturday!
  • Thank you so much. I know it won't be easy especially being young in NYC. But I know I can do this. I am lucky I had a friend who stepped in an helped me. I am religious, just believe in overcoming this in my own way with support from loved ones and openness. Today, I wanted to drink bad but it's snowing in NYC. SO I bought a ton of hand warmers and hats and went out and gave them to the homeless.

It feels so much better to help people who are not as lucky as I am to have support. Instead of facing a bottle I did something that was worthwhile.

Thanks for reading and for the advice!:)
  • @watchalifesaved... Welcome and thanks for sharing your blog with us. Writing can be so cathartic and I'm happy you've decided to put your experiences down in words. I think you'll find that it will really help you deal with things as you travel on the road to recovery.

Also, kudos to you for helping out the homeless in NYC. You obviously have a big heart, my friend.

We're here for you. If you need help, support, advice, or just a place to vent, know that you can reach out and lean on us. That's why we're here.

I look forward to reading more about your journey.
  • Thank you for your kind words! Means a lot