Get Up and Get Moving!

Finding motivation and inspiration to do anything is often the biggest road block to getting there, no matter what the task. When it comes to getting up and getting moving, that can be especially true! There’s just something comforting about your own bed or your couch with all your familiar pillows, blankets, and surroundings. No wonder we want to slug around and be nowhere but there all day.

It’s alright to have those kinds of days occasionally but the problem with doing it all the time is that long-term it can lead to feeling down and like you’re missing out! Our bodies are meant to be active – not sluggish. So many positive benefits come from getting just 30 minutes of activity every day.

From improved mood and mental health to increased heart health and living longer, healthier lives, getting up and getting on the move can benefit you here and now but much later as well. If you experience poor sleep quality, problems with lack of energy, concentration problems, then getting more activity is probably a good idea as it will lend a hand in reducing all these issues.

Where Should I Start?

Sometimes it’s hard to jump right in, in fact most people have a hard time following through long-term when they do jump right in. What’s easier if you often have this struggle is starting out by adding small positive things into your day. Start out with committing 5 -10 minutes a day stretching. It’s easier to commit and follow through when you break things down into smaller, bite-size chunks.

Once you’ve spent a couple weeks successful in this, it’ll be a breeze to add in 10-15 minutes of moderate activity. Take a brisk walk around the block, park far away from the store, take the stairs instead of the elevator. Every extra minute you spend moving will have you feeling your best in no time!

Reference
Clarkson, E. “5 Ways I Motivate Myself to Get Moving and Stay Fit”. More. (website). 2018