Reminder: Note from the Universe

« Some people just have big hearts. And with this gift they're very often able to feel, offer, and show far more love than they receive from those around them. Which, at times, is a heavy load to bear. So today I'd like to remind them, and especially you, that the sun asks not that the moon and planets help brighten each day, but relishes her role as a keeper of the light and a bringer of the dawn. A role much like your own. »
-Sun & Universe
  • 132 Commentsby Likes|Date
  • @blueorchid what a wonderful note from the universes to wake up to! thank you for sharing!
  • That's so beautiful, @blueorchid. Thank you so much for posting it. I hope you have a wonderful Friday and an even better weekend!
  • Beautiful @blueorchid -thank you ❤️
  • @blueorchid How are you doing today?
  • I’m doing alright @WinoMama thank you for asking.
    I’ve decided I’m going to take a different approach to my recovery. Not every route works for everyone so I’m going to do what I did in the past and just stop!
    No longer will I allow myself to use excuses to use. I have a conscious brain and can make educated decisions. There is no reason why I can’t resist and have some self control.
    :smile: I’m still going to continue with therapy and coming on here every day... but I am too strong to let myself put off my health, happiness & future over something that I never let control before.
    Guess we shall see how I do with this outlook again!

How are you doing?
  • Yesterday’s Note from the Universe:

The easiest way to avoid letdowns and disappointments, is...
    No, it's not lowering your standards. That's quitting.
    No, it's not releasing expectations. That's an old wives’ tale.
    And no, it's not relinquishing all mortal desires. That's an ancient religion.
    It's never tricking yourself into thinking that your happiness is dependent upon the things and events of time and space, or what other people think, say, and do.
    So go ahead, aim high, expect a miracle, and want it all...
    The Universe
  • "Aim high, expect a miracle, and want it all..."

I love that, @blueorchid. :)
  • Right?! Love it too @DeanD I keep all of my emails from The Universe in a separate folder so I can go back and read them. :smile:
    Here’s an older one from 2 weeks ago.

"No need to regret or even think twice about a single silly (or worse) thing you've ever thought, said, or done, because all of it will one day be used to your great advantage, if it hasn’t been already."
    -the Universe
  • There isn't a moment in any day, when someone, somewhere, isn't better off because of something you've done.

And no matter what you do, or don't do, with the rest of your life, you cannot now comprehend the amounts of love, joy, and personal assistance that are already being pressed out to you in gratitude.

Must be nice,
    The Universe
  • @blueorchid thank you for sharing. reminds me of the sowing and reaping analogy.... what we say and do matters... affects us, and others! :)

have a beautiful day!
  • @blueorchid Hey! How are you doing?? I was just thinking about this line you wrote a while ago, "I’ve decided I’m going to take a different approach to my recovery." and had a head-scratching moment, wondering what you mean by it?

Anyway, me too. I am logging everything and for the past two weeks I have managed to keep my alcohol intake to 3.. that means *3* drinks in 2 weeks, which I am 100% OK with. If I can keep this up I think I can lead a healthy life.

How are you/your recovery going?
  • @WinoMama that's great!! logging is a great way to see what's really going on :)

i'm proud of you, and thank you for sharing here.... you are a treasure here in the forum <3

and yes, @blueorchid, we love your presence here...so many golden nuggets to offer!!

how are you today?
  • Hello @WinoMama & @dominica
    I’m doing alright, just finishing putting together an Ikea table, fun times lol
    So I had decided that the reason NA wasn’t working for me was because I honestly don't feel I can be ok with saying I have a disease and am powerless to my addiction, I have nothing against that approach for others as i know so many people are in recovery because of it. For me however, it just doesn’t sit right. So I decided my approach before was partly correct however I didn’t do enough inner work and therapy to be successful. I am going to focus on doing the things that make me happy & disinterested in using, not let situations that trigger me take over & I make excuses to justify relapsing, remind myself of my short & long term goals because none of them include using (I’ve been meaning to make my vision board for like a year).
    I know I’m not perfect & it make take a few tries... I just know I want to feel good again, and enough is enough.
    I had something come up recently that I’m feeling quite mixed up about that I’ll be discussing in my next therapy session... I know it’s triggering me when I think about it so I’ve been trying to impliment Thought Stopping whenever possible. I’m also practicing breathing & letting myself feel my feelings, which is pretty damn hard some of the time... but I know I get anxiety attacks when I don’t (which lead to stronger cravings and lowered self discipline). Plus how can I expect to actually stop using, not switching one addiction for another, unless I truly accept & heal from the past.
    The last few times I relapsed, I actually thought about what it really means to use... everything! I know in the moment when I’m high I might say I want to stop... then the days after when I’m clean, it’s hard to remember how that felt... I’m Focusing on that... the importance of recovery & all the reasons I’m going to Quit & stay clean.
  • @blueorchid good morning! so many great insights and tidbits in your post! good for you for "doing your work". it's ok you don't resonate with NA. some people who don't adhere to the disease and powerless model of addiction find SMART Recovery meetings helpful. There are some YouTube videos on the group if you're interested in learning more about how they go about their meetings and philosophy and such.

and acquiring new activities is wonderful! yes, we are creating our lives...each day, so trying new things that bring you more peace and joy is wonderful.

i love IKEA lol!
  • @blueorchid... Thanks for the Notes from the Universe. They are fantastic. And please remember: There is no one-size-fits-all when it comes to recovery. If something feels like it’s not for you, it’s okay to try something else. The important thing is that you keep trying!

@WinoMama... Big props to you for cutting down your alcohol intake so much! I’m so proud of you!
  • @blueorchid I love it. I feel like I could have written this myself! Everyone is different but as long as we are aware of triggers, self-care and our addictions, what more can we ask for? Plus, ABOVE ALL, I think we always need to remind ourselves to be *gentle* with ourselves. <3 Hope you're having a good day!
  • Thanks @WinoMama @dominica @DeanD
    I’m on Day 2 (again). Headed to Banff tomorrow til Sunday so that’ll be nice, plus I’m working a bit this weekend and have therapy tomorrow :smile: thinking of enjoying this nice weather today and go for a hike. It’s only 27•C (81•F) now so should be a bit more manageable than earlier lol

Hope you all are having a good day :heart:
  • @blueorchid... Day 2 > Day 0. Progress, not perfection. Sending you love and hugs. <3
  • @blueorchid yes, day 2 is worth celebrating!! and yes, have fun this weekend and enjoy therapy!! you're doing this! :)
  • Decided to remove this post for privacy lol (followed u back @DeanD )
  • That is absolutely gorgeous, @blueorchid! Maybe I’ll follow you on Instagram. ;)
  • May 28, 2018
    Can do... will do... should do... all I care about is that you are you you.

You you, intentional.

Me me,
    The Universe
  • May 29
    So many claim to believe.

So here's what I'm going to start asking them: If you really believed you were guided, wouldn't you begin listening?

And if you really believed you were powerful, wouldn't every true desire be followed by action?

And if you really believed your life was about to be transformed, wouldn’t the celebration have already begun?

That ought to stir up their coffee, huh?

Let's rock-and-roll,
    The Universe
  • Let's rock and roll, @blueorchid!!! :)
  • Hey, @blueorchid... Hit me with another Note from the Universe when you get a chance, okay?? :)
  • @blueorchid yeah, me too!! inquiring minds wanna know what's written in the stars for us!

• Alright @dominica & @DeanD I like this one from yesterday :smile:

Talk about magical rendezvous...

Right this very moment, on a distant farm, there basks a fig, a nut, or a berry, whose very life force will soon be your own. But that's not all...

Right this very moment, there's a gorgeous home on a splendid property with a spectacular view, whose roof will someday give you shelter. But that's not all...

Right this very moment, there are beautiful souls on your beautiful planet, whom you do not even know, yet through your meanderings and theirs, paths will cross, love will be shared, and eternal friendships will be created. I'm still not done...

And nothing you do, or don't do, can prevent these serendipities I've just shared and so, so many more.

Amen, hallelujah, rock me Amadeus -
    The Universe
  • @blueorchid thank you! i totally receive it all :)

have a blessed day!
  • That's awesome, @blueorchid! Thank you for sharing with us! Big hugs coming your way on this "Little Friday"! <3
  • Isn’t it a good one!!
    And today’s is also a gooder!

Sometimes having more fun and being happier comes from looking for each in crazy, new places; instead of waiting for them to come from where you've found them before or where others are now finding them.

And I do mean crazy. Not just from the old standbys of travel, adventure, and romance, but from stretching, reaching, and growing. Accepting new responsibilities for your happiness, totally accepting others, and grasping even higher ideals. Philosophically taking yourself to places few have dared to go.

Red hot smokin' love,
    The Universe
  • Love that, @blueorchid! Maybe I'll get a little crazy this weekend! :)
  • Yesssss! Do it @DeanD :smile:
    Oops forgot to post yesterday’s!

As is true of kissing, let your life know both spontaneity and thoughtfulness.

Mwah!
    The Universe
  • Mon Jun 11:
    A super-secret, double-reminder for all fearless flowers:
    If you but soak up the sunlight you are given, drink each drop of water I send, and strive only to be yourself, life shall quicken in your roots, spirit shall raise you into the light, and your bloom will inspire the world.

You see... I do all the hard stuff.
    The Universe
  • @WinoMama & @Orlean81 thinking of you two & hope you are well :heart:
  • June 12

Think that it's fun, that you're guided, and that all is well; that there's time, that life is easy, and that the best has yet to come.

Think that the reasons that elude you will one day catch up, that the lessons that have stumped you will one day bring joy, and that the sorrows that have crippled you will soon give you wings.

Think that you're important, that you cannot fail, and that happiness always returns.

And think that you're beautiful.

I do,
    The Universe
  • @blueorchid YO! Hope you're doing well, too! I've been up and down, lots of great days and sober periods and then a big fat horrible Friday night that's leaving me at Day 4 today. Not sure where my head is now, I'm ok TODAY but find my brain drifting into the "what ifs" for next week, next month, etc etc etc.. I am just trying to stay present and focused and be the best version of myself for TODAY. Hope to hear from you soon <3 HUGS
  • @WinoMama... Congrats on Day 4. Just focus on TODAY. Because that's all we really have.

We're always here for you, my dear.
  • @WinoMama Yes congrats on Day 4 again!! I actually haven’t been keeping track this time around. Before I thought I needed to but instead I’m being present and filling up my days & making it impossible to use! :smile:
  • @WinoMama i was just thinking of you yesterday!! glad you popped in to let us know how you're doing... i'm glad you share honestly about your journey, b/c others are going through the same thing. the ups, the downs, the good periods where they're sober, and then those nights that well, ya just let go and drink more than ya want... it's a process...this changing thing, and sounds like you're still conscious of the fact that you want to see less drinking...and not give up when you hit a bump in the road...

what if's... eh, let them go. focus on present day and time. today, you're good it seems, so yay.....

always here if you need.
  • @blueorchid Yes!This! I have an app on my phone that told me today is Day 44 of no XanaX and Day 6 of no booze. I’m rewarding myself tomorrow with a pedicure because the time and money that would have been spent this past week will now funnel into something that is better, healthier for me. I’m trying to get through each day and to be honest it’s been good so far. This time feels different. My husband wants to go to a brewery for Fathers Day and I am already planning on not drinking. And I’m doing little projects around the house that are keeping me busy, just like you are. Good job on your end!
  • Yaaay! So happy for you @WinoMama sounds like you are headed in the right direction. I also wanted to mention how different you seem... much more positive and with confidence compared to before :smile:
  • June 13
    Have you noticed, that all great accomplishments require four things:
    A dream, action, patience, and a whole bunch of miracles?
    The miracles part is on me.

1, 2, 3, Me -
    The Universe
  • June 14
    Sometimes,, when things take longer than you thought they would, it's just a gentle reminder that you have more time than you thought—and that there's a journey to enjoy.

Yeah, like all the time in the world.

Enjoy every minute,
    The Universe
  • June 15
    All endings, are happy endings.
    If you even believe in endings.

Whah!!
    The Universe
  • @blueorchid i esp. needed to read June 14th's this morning, so
    THANK YOU!!!

<3
  • Thanks, @blueorchid, for spreading the positivity!

And @WinoMama... I am soooooo proud of you, my dear! Keep doing what you're doing and definitely take time to pamper and reward yourself. You deserve it!!!

Love you guys!
  • Thank you both!! I am having the best week I’ve had in many moons! So many things are going well for me and although tiny cravings peer their ugly selves occasionally, I ignore them and they go away! I believe I may be nearing 2 weeks but as I mentioned in another post, I haven’t been keeping track this time as I’ve just been busy and not even wanting it as much. Guess real happiness and peace overrides cravings and wanting to separate from reality. I even have been happy with the healthiness of my appearance enough to post pics of myself on social media again. To top it all off I’ve been offered the opportunity of a life time yesterday and it’s just such a blessing what the Universe is bringing me lately.
    Thank you from the bottom of my heart :heart:
  • @blueorchid fantastic news! and you deserve so much goodness! great that you feel more happiness and cravings are less intense... and for your clean time!

yes, it's easier to stay clean when we are feeling happy at a deeper level... for sure.

have a beautiful weekend!
  • So glad to hear that you've had a great week...and that good things are coming your way. Yay, @blueorchid!!! I'm sending you a virtual high-five!!! :)
  • @DeanD Thank you! Day 10 now. I am starting to even have "drinking" dreams and they are terrifying to wake up after!
  • Woohoo! Day 10 is AMAZING, @WinoMama!! I'm soooooo proud of you!!! I know those drinking dreams can be a b*tch. Just be glad that they are dreams. And that you're waking up after them. Silver linings, baby!

Have a great Monday and a great week! Sending you love and hugs, my friend.
  • @WinoMama hey you! just thinking about you and @blueorchid today!

hope you are doing well and have a great weekend!
  • @dominica Hello! Doing alright... didn’t cry but still had some sadness. Going to see new Jurassic Park today! Been keeping busy and have a few notes to post! Totally falling down on the job :wink:

June 18
    “Every day, someone new falls in love with you.
    Sometimes many more.

You can't deny it,
    The Universe”

June 19
    “People who do all they can, with what they've got, from where they are, no matter how puny their actions, how tiny their steps, or how futile it may seem, simply have more fun. Way.

Of course, to the uninitiated it doesn't appear that way. To them it appears as if only those taking gigantic leaps, who drive cars with fancy wheels, have loads of friends, perfect bodies, and fly around the world in First Class Sleeper Seats, are having fun. But what they don't realize is that we're often talking about the very same folks, just at different points in their journey.

Coffee, tea, or a brand new Bentley?
    The Universe”

June 20
    “The more you find good in another, the more you'll find good in yourself.
    No matter whom that "other" is.

Love you so,
    The Universe”

June 21
    “OK, can you keep a secret?
    Let me tell you what happens...
    There'll be trumpets, fanfare, and parades. Happy tears, giggles, and hugs. Shrieks of joy, fits of laughter, and reunions with best friends.

There will be quiet, reflection, and revelations. Aha's! No-way's! And, of course, You-have-to-be-kidding's!
    Eventually followed by a deep, often surprising, longing for what will by then be viewed as the dream-life you led.
    You could plot it on a chart.
    The point, of course, is that you are now living that dream-life.

Tallyho,
    The Universe”

June 22
    “First, completely forget about who, how, and when. Then decide only upon what you want, the end result, with as much clarity as possible. I'll shuffle the deck, the magic show will begin, and jokers won't be all that are wild.
    Gosh, you're so much fun to watch when you read these things.

Deal,
    The Universe”

Happy weekend everyone :heart:
  • Happy weekend right back at ya, @blueorchid! Enjoy the movie!!
  • @blueorchid ah, i hope you enjoyed the movie! glad you got to go! enjoy your sunday!! sending you a big hug!
  • Hey @DeanD @dominica and @blueorchid !! How's it goinnnnnnnnnnnng!?!?
    Man, life has had it's UPS and DOWNS lately! I've been staying super busy with work, parenting, just keeping sober and trying to seek clarity.

I went to a concert on Saturday by myself and it was a 3 hour drive each way. It was a 13 hour adventure from beginning to end. It was so odd/cool/strange being at a concert, solo and sober. I was super hyper-aware, almost to the point of having some anxiety about it. So WEIRD! But still.... a cool experience.

Since I was "allowed" to go to that, my husband has been up to the usual score-keeping and told me over the weekend that I "needed to pick up the slack" since I was away (keep in mind he only had to parent for 5 hours alone in between naps and bedtime). It's so weird. I am constantly re-evaluating the relationship I have with my husband at this point and I do have to say..... it is NOT the greatest. There's a lot of disconnect, defensiveness, accusatory tones, negativity, etc. I was told last night "This relationship SUCKS" and was asked why I just don't divorce him since I don't like being with him? (this is because I went to the show alone, he's not into the music at all). I am breaking old habits and not engaging in the (-) by just trying to focus on ME.

The whole reason I started this sobriety trip was to see "Do I drink to escape my marriage because I'm unhappy in it or is our marriage unhappy because I drink?" Chicken/Egg. I'm peeling away the layers of the onion now and beginning to see everything in a different light. It's not always pretty but at least I know I am doing my best to harvest a healthy/happy life for ME right now. (And I do not miss the hangovers!)

Onward and upward....... <3
  • Good to hear from you, @WinoMama! Glad your concert experience was a cool one. And glad you had that experience sober. That's so awesome!

Sorry about the relationship issues. Keep exploring the issues. And definitely keep working on YOU!!! Because you absolutely deserve to be healthy and happy!!!

I have to go eat lunch now. Your post made me hungry. Chicken. Egg. Onion. I have to eat something now!!! :)
  • @DeanD Mmm.. chicken / egg / onion. Did you go with a chicken sandwich or an omelette? So many possibilities! :D
  • @WinoMama Hey there. It's so good to hear from you. Congrats on going to that concert and being sober through it. That's quite an accomplishment and that's a really big way to show up for yourself when it comes to practicing self-care. You deserve to go to an event that you enjoy, & shouldn't have a bit of guilt about it.

I do understand how relationships can struggle and the wondering if you're happy or if it's going to work out or even if you want it to work out. I wrote a short book once called This is why your relationship sucks LOL. I still have not done a thing with it, and it's tucked away in a little folder. Anyway, one point that I want to go over is that relationships are designed to kind of go through the sucky stage. If you do some research on the stages of relationships or marriages, you'll probably be able to pinpoint yours at the dead before rebirth stage. Most people run like the Dickens when they get to the dead stage, (I am making that stage name up.) This may be a good time to think about couples counseling, I can't remember if you said you've gone that route or not.

But yes certainly keep practicing self-care, continuing to peel back those onion layers and healing at a deeper level. You deserve peace and joy and while other people can bring some of that into our lives, we know it's up to us to be the primary responsible party for those attributes.

Again thank you so much for the update and know that we are here rooting for your continued success in every area of your life
  • Hi @WinoMama yay on the solo adventure! I love going places by myself including concerts. I used to be uncomfortable spending time alone, so I made a conscious choice to have me time more frequently.
    Sorry to hear regarding your marriage. When your husband makes comments like that, have you told him the way it makes you feel? Not sure how you respond to that? It sounds like you are doing well though, keep it up!
  • Monday’s note truly resonated for me :smile:

June 25
    “Every desired change, must happen in thought first. This, of course, is the “hook” to living in time and space.

Anyone can think happy thoughts when they're happy, wealthy thoughts when they're wealthy, healthy thoughts when they're healthy. It takes someone highly unusual to imagine things differently than how they now see them; not that it’s hard to do, but it can seem so pointless and ineffective that most won’t ever bother.

You crafted the stage you’re now on so that you’d be pushed on to discovering your power, with dreams worth pursuing and the passion to care. Ultimately learning that success comes fastest when you see through life’s illusions, to that which gives them rise: your thoughts, beliefs, and expectations.

Rayna, this is what you most need to know. There haven't been any accidents, you haven't made any mistakes, and the perfection of everything now happening in the world and in your life, will one day boggle your mind.

Close your eyes and visualize, every single day -
    The Universe”

June 26
    “You might call it spiritual logistics, but sometimes you have to move away, to get closer.

Or you might just call it weird.

Either way, it helps to remember it from time to time.

Tallyho,
    The Universe”
  • Thanks for sharing those, @blueorchid! :)
  • June 27
    “Upon confirmation that you would soon be living on planet earth at this wild and crazy time, as no less, there was utter jubilation. And one of the many reasons you were so happy was because you knew there would never, ever be any shortage of people you could help, smiles you could spread, and love you could give.

You’re like me,
    The Universe”
  • @blueorchid awesome! spreading love is a great way to show up in this universe!
  • Hi @DeanD & @dominica happy Friday! I love these letters. They are usually quite relevant.

I had a nap this afternoon before my date, plus I’m a night owl so I’m up packing & organizing my things (moving at the end of next month) & watching old episodes of Intervention Canada... it’s interesting to see so many parallels between myself and them beginning from their childhood through to when the show was filmed.

I’ve recently learned more about Canada legalizing Cannabis in 3.5 months. I know there are some who disagree with it however the more I’ve looked into it there are many reasons why I believe it will be a positive legislative change. A few examples: when obtained medicinally with a prescription from a doctor, patients can claim for reimbursement through their extended health coverage, clinical testing will increase (like did you know it has been successful I’m reducing episodes of seizures in people with epilepsy?), the reduction of arrests/incarcerations/court cases for Cannabis will be huge as well!
    Guess we shall see. I am optimistic!

Here is yesterday’s note:
    (June 28)
    “If you knew how much you have in common with every single person now living in time and space, in terms of your deepest hopes and dreams, fears and worries, you'd wonder how I manage to tell you all apart.

And from this day forward you'd likely think of every single one of them as "dearest," just as I do.

Tallyho,
    The Universe”
  • June 29:
    “I'm often asked, you know, being the Universe and all, "What's the purpose of life?" But truthfully, no matter who or what you are that's a pretty daunting question. So daunting, I'm invariably compelled to reply with a few questions of my own:

"Do you mean besides having fun? Besides learning that the world has always spun in the palm of your hand? Besides bicycles, long walks, and hot chocolate? Besides holding hands, giving hugs, and drying tears? Besides having a dream and making it come true? Besides February, Fridays, and Polar Bears? Besides witnessing miracles that only you are privy to? Besides sunrises, sunsets, and every rare and fleeting moment in between?"

Daunting is an understatement.

Happy EVERYTHING!
    The Universe”
  • @blueorchid... Hope your date was great! And I have mixed feelings on the whole legalization of marijuana thing. On the one hand, I don't think using marijuana should be a criminal offense. I happen to think it's much safer than alcohol. But on the other hand, it's just another substance that will be available for people to use as a crutch. And that troubles me. That said, if I had to choose whether to legalize it or not, I guess I'd be for it. It goes on the ballot in November where I live (Michigan), and I fully expect that it will pass. The times they are a changin'!
  • Hey @DeanD I definitely was more unsure my thoughts on it until I spent a day learning about the number of times each product is tested for levels of THC & CBD as an example.
  • Hi Guys! It's been a while. Hope everyone is doing well and good. I've missed you all. It's been a very busy summer, full of all the good and fun things, and also the challenges and mishaps. We were doing so good and then not so good.
    I like your notes from the Universe @blueorchid .
    I was reading some of the other threads and it's so true that this thing with addiction is just illogical. We know what's best, yet we ignore it. I'm just amazed at my own ability to see the pattern and be so familiar with it. I can predict it. And still here I am.
    Crap.
    Reset.
    Note to self, look for the notes from the Universe and find that motivation hiding in there. You have so much to be grateful for, don't spoil it.

• @SalTheGalFromCal Hey there! It's good to hear from you! I'm glad that your summer is going well, but I'm sorry that you are struggling some. As much as we want change to occur quickly, it doesn't always happen that way. Although you may not even notice that you're making small changes along the way, even if it's just in your thought life.

Ambivalence is part of the change process.

I once heard the term motivational seesaw, the ups and downs of feeling motivated for positive change versus falling back to what is easy or familiar. I think it's the same for any type of addiction.

But I'm super glad that you are back here, and we know that you'll continue pressing on toward your goal. The bumps in the road doesn't that you stop. Slow down and take a look at those bumps. They may slow you down temporarily, but give the gas a good ol push and get on past them.

We are certainly here for you and rooting for you!
  • Hello everyone,
    Has anyone on here made it through Tramadol withdrawal?
  • @Goaway1... Welcome to the community! As far as Tramadol withdrawal goes, you might want to check out this thread:

https://talk.recovery.org/discussion/10894/tramadol-withdrawal-detox#latest

We're here to help and support you however we can!
  • Hi @SalTheGalFromCal if you like them I subscribed to TUT.com and I get them emailed to me Monday to Friday! Sometimes they are so helpful which is why I have been posting!

July 2

“Would you ever take a journey, if you knew ahead of time that you'd become hopelessly lost, have your heart broken into pieces, and sometimes wish you'd never been born?

Now, how about if you knew ahead of time that on that very same journey you'd later find yourself, fall passionately in love, and live happily ever after?

Yeah, I know, you made the same choice a long, long time ago.

Que bueno,
    The Universe”
  • It would be so nice to see a message like this to counterbalance all the spam I receive. I’m going to give it a try. Thank you.
  • @NMplanes hey there! thanks for reaching out! know that we're here if you need!
  • @SalTheGalFromCal... Great to see your user name show up again. I'm happy to hear from you, although I'm sorry life hasn't been all rainbows and unicorns. Unfortunately, that's just how life can be...whether you struggle with addiction or not. But I know you can learn to navigate your way through the storms you face. And never forget that we're here to help you do that.

If you have to reset, then reset. And then start moving forward again. Because that's where good things await.

Sending you hugs and hope and positive juju! <3
  • July 3
    “Okay! So, finally, I think you're ready to learn the real reason time and space was invented... dancing.

That and somersaults. You know, for when you were even younger.

And skipping. And humming. And playing make-believe...

Okay, okay, okay... the real, real reason... was you.

It's true.

Just didn't want to hit you with that in the first breath and have you spill something.

You make me even younger,
    The Universe”
  • July 4 (Happy Independence Day all my friends south of the 49th parallel):

“WHAT?!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course you can! YES, this year! That and more! Easy, done, HISTORY. Just imagine it, feel it, and leap like your pants are on fire...

I'll catch you.

I'm there now, waiting, and all I can tell you is that a Fabulous life is just the tiniest tip of the iceberg.

Whoooo-ha!
    The Universe”
  • @blueorchid awesome. happy independence dancing-skipping-laughing kind of day! <3
  • Thanks for the happy Independence Day wishes, @blueorchid! Mine was pretty chill. Cooked a bunch of ribs, went to the city pool with my wife and our neighbors (and their ADORABLE 1-year-old son), and then had some friends over for dinner. All in all, it was quite enjoyable :)
  • Hi @dominica I loved that too! @DeanD that sounds like an awesome time, glad you had an enjoyable day :smile:

July 6
    “What people rarely give themselves credit for, is that their giving continues giving, even after they've forgotten giving, and even when they didn't know they were giving, forever and ever and ever.

At least I'm keeping score,
    The Universe”

July 9
    “Anything worth having, is worth thinking about, every day, for 5 minutes, in a dark room, wearing a really huge smile.
    Bunny slippers optional.

Tallyho,
    The Universe”
  • Happy Tuesday, @blueorchid! Thanks for sharing! And, for what it's worth, I love saying "Tallyho" out loud!! :)
  • July 19

“Go for it, not once, but again and again and again. Whatever it takes. Because in the end, with arms held high in the winner's circle, beaming with joy, as light as a feather, crying your eyes out, you'll see how fantastically disproportionate the rewards are for the effort expended, the risks taken, and the price paid - no matter how many false starts you endured. And you'll be astounded by how quickly you made it, even though, when the going got tough and your spirits ebbed, you thought you'd never, ever, ever, "see the day."

Tallyho,
    The Universe”
  • I felt the above was quite fitting for all of us in recovery :heart:
  • I've copied and pasted it into Word, so I can print it out, @blueorchid! It is a keeper here in recovery!
    Thank you!

I'm also trying to lose a weight! It's a big part of my recovery now that I don't drug! So, The Universe fits here for me, as well! B)
  • @blueorchid
    I got to June 20th:
    “The more you find good in another, the more you'll find good in yourself.
    No matter whom that "other" is."

I had to stop and say, Thank you!
    I have seen this before, years ago and I liked it a lot.
    Today when I read it was more of a,
    Whoa...
    The implication of
    "No matter who that "other" is"
    made me realize,

I prefer not to see the good in some people.
    Seeing the good in them makes me vulnerable.
    Any hint of vulnerability with these people
    would be dangerous.

There's a flawed truth in my thinking.

Thank you again @blueorchid :) This is a wonderful thread!
  • Aww thank you both @Goodtr8s & @Assembly_of_Me
    I haven’t been that active on here lately due to long hours of work so I missed a few days... but yesterday morning’s note truly spoke to me and I’m happy you both are enjoying it as well :blush:
  • That July 19th note was a great one, @blueorchid.

Fall down seven times, get up eight. :)
  • July 20:

“Know how to tell, whether or not your dreams are coming true?
    Well, if the sun came up today, things are looking pretty good.
    If the sky is still blue, high above the clouds, I'd say keep doing what you're doing.

And if, somewhere, there are eagles soaring, tulips blooming, and falls cascading... could it be, most of them already have?

Running with the big dogs now -
    The Universe”
  • @blueorchid yes, dreams are coming true!! thanks for this!
  • July 23:

“The difference between how you sometimes see yourself, and how I see you, could be summed up like this:

You wonder, at times, what it is you might do that you'd be wildly successful at.

And I wonder, at times, how you seem to miss that you already are.

Crazy wild -
    The Universe”
  • July 25

“When you can look beneath their behavior that hurt you, and you can see the frightened child, it becomes nearly impossible to be angry or carry a grudge.

And you so can.

ILY,
    The Universe”
  • July 26

“Have you ever noticed how folks instinctively know that creating wealth is much more fun than spending it, yet they dream more about spending it than they do about creating it?

Could it be, they've momentarily forgotten that they're supernatural, that they can have whatever they want, and that life is but a dream?

It's all yours, baby -
    The Universe”
  • @blueorchid this is my first time reading this.... I needed it today. Thank you for sharing and thank you for your friendship <3