How do you let go?

How do you let go of the pain when your husband cheats on you? How do you let go of the pain that he is a sex addict? I pray all the time. I know I need to forgive him but I can't. Is there anyone out there that was able to do this?
  • 3 Commentsby Likes|Date
  • @SallyB There are plenty of women who have and you can learn from them at the www.btr.org website. Just know that he came to you this way and you had nothing to do with it. I know that is hard to believe. Also, if he truly is an addict, you can't pray it away. It's a medical condition like diabetes or heart disease. He needs actual help from professionals and you'd probably do well with a professional therapist as well. I think if you understood addiction and his situation a little more it would help you to have some clarity over the whole thing.
  • @SallyB i'm sorry you're struggling. i'm sure it can be challenging at times. joshua has given some great advice... i do think when you understand addiction better, it might help you not take it so personal. it doesn't seem fair, and it's not, but there are people who can help you navigate this time in your life...and help you heal and be able to not let it bother you so much....

thanks for reaching out. and remember, you're a wonderful woman and this is not your fault...you are worthy and you are "good enough".... silence those negative thoughts that may come about yourself....

sending big hug.
  • Welcome to the community, @SallyB. And thanks for sharing. Definitely check out that website @JoshuaShea recommended (https://www.btr.org). And know that we are here to help and support you however we can.

Sending you love, light, and hope.