Natural Ways of Detoxing Your Body from Nicotine

It can be incredibly difficult for anyone to quit smoking cigarettes. It is particularly hard during the initial detoxification process. To properly and thoroughly detox from smoking, nicotine must completely leave the body. Fortunately, there are natural and simple ways of detoxifying the body from nicotine. These small nutritional and lifestyle changes help nicotine leave the body more quickly than it would on its own.

A change in diet is one major factor in successfully detoxing from nicotine. Eating a nutrient rich diet of fruits and vegetables can help the body naturally detox. This also helps prevent the weight gain that many people experience when they quit smoking. Hydration is another important factor in properly and naturally detoxing. Drinking plenty of water can help flush the body of nicotine and other toxins.

Exercise is another big part of naturally detoxing from nicotine. Exercise encourages the body to sweat, which will naturally help nicotine leave the body. This also helps recovering smokers deal with the stress and agitation that are associated with nicotine withdrawal. Exercise can also help distract users from their cravings during the first part of the detoxification process.

It is important to avoid any drastic changes when detoxing from nicotine. Before a radically different diet or exercise regimen is used, it is necessary to consult with a health care professional. Gradual changes are often more safe and effective choices. With moderate diet and lifestyle changes, it is possible to successfully detox from nicotine in a natural way.

References

N.A. “Natural Ways to Quit Smoking.” Holistichelp.net (Website). (2015).

N.A. “Nicotine Detoxification Diet.” Livestrong.com (Website). (2013).
  • 16 Commentsby Likes|Date
  • Glad that this post mentioned the importance of exercise. I think exercise is such a useful outlet not just for detoxification, but for overall wellness. I know these days when I get stressed or upset or overwhelmed, I try to prioritize exercise. That feeling of accomplishment once a workout is done, as well as the endorphins that are buzzing make me feel much more in control and able to deal with life's stresses than if I didn't have that outlet in my life!
  • I wish you guys could post something about herb infusions or foods that could help reduce the nicotine cravings. For me that is of vital importance right now, because my loved one who is been smoking for 11 years told me he really wants to quit.  I really want him to succed!!! He needs all the help he can get, so if there is something else we could use to help him, we will try it. Anything.
  • It might be hard, but certainly undergoing detox and rehab is the only way to go when it comes to nicotine addiction.

Even after rehab, craving for nicotine tend to comes back and forth as per the experience of addicted smokers next to me.
  • While nicotine might not be as dangerous as other substances, I certainly think its one of the most addictive. Smokers that have managed to quit and haven't smoked a cigarette  in a number of years still say that they will have cravings every now and again.

Giving up isn't easy and it will always be a matter of willpower how long you managed to fight them cravings, and always making sure that you don't give in.
  • i am changing my diet and my exercise routine right now. The medication I'm on has made me gain a lot of weight, and I have to find a routine that will work to help me lose weight. When I find it I think I'll do ahead and quit smoking. 22 years is enough.
  • Thank you for this post, I was searching for some ways of detoxing my body from nicotine and here we go, I have found this topic. I already drink a lot of water and eat fruits & vegetables. I don't really have time for exercise though, because I work online and hardly have any spare time unless weekends, when I would prefer to relax on the sofa with a good movie and a pack of popcorn, haha. :D 
  • Thank you for this great informations, I didn't knew any of hose, but each time I decide to detoxing my body from nicotine I drink a lot of water, I eat a lot of fruites and I run a lot, from your post I confirmed that I was doing good lol
  • The advice I've had from my doctor is that the best way to 'detox' from something is to simply stop using it.  Eating healthy foods and drinking plenty of water are great for your health but they don't 'detox' as such.  The body is equipped to process these things via the kidneys and liver.  It's always a good idea to be sure you're getting plenty of essential vitamins and minerals through your diet though.
  • I found cutting back on my daily amount of cigarettes helped me altimately quit. I first switched to light cigerettes. After that I switched to waiting until the afternoon to light up. Then I started to only have a couple a day. I found cutting back slowly over a year helped the withdrawal symptoms be less invasive.
  • @bsthebenster That's awesome you found a technique that worked for you!  I tried that initially - just gradually reducing the number of cigarettes I 'could' have a day each week.  I found that I would do really well during the week, then it would hit Friday night (or sometimes Thursday) and I was essentially binge on them.  Moderation was impossible for me with cigarettes!
  • Interesting article, but not really helpful. It is commonly known the fact that eating fruits and vegetables more often makes you not want that cigarette so much as you would normally do, also the fact that we detoxify by sport is wide known. I remember I read once on a bodybuilding forum about the way one quit, he took a few micro-nutrients for 3 days, stayed in home and anytime he would want a cigarette he would do 10 push-ups. He took something like 4000mg a day of vitamin C, 30mg of Zinc and there were a few other micro-nutrients I can't recall from memory. If anyone knows these micro-nutrients that helps our body detoxify easier and can explain the way they help I would be grateful.
  • I've heard that Vitamin C can play an important role in detoxification from nicotine too. It doesn't help you quit as such, itjust speeds up the rate at which the nicotine leaves your body. So it could be a very useful dietary addition for those going cold turkey. 
  • God knows nicotine was one of the hardest things for me to quit. One of the things that helped me the best was drinking tons and tons of water. I also tried my best to not be around people that were smoking. I've never tried a tea detox, but it sounds like an awesome concept. :)
  • Exercise is the best thing one could do during any kind of detoxification. it boosts your confidence and when you're fit, you feel good about yourself.
  • Water, water, water. And more water. It's nature's cleanser.