What slogan or mantra to use?

Do you have a favorite slogan or mantra or verse or something that inspires and motivates you? Like in support groups they may say, "One day at a time" or "Keep it simple" or "Easy does it"...

Curious as to if any such phrases help you...
  • 24 Commentsby Likes|Date
  • I have a favorite Bible verse, Jeremiah 29:11. "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

But my favorite ALL TIME quote that I have loved for a while and it means more to me right now than ever is this: “Fate whispers to the warrior, ‘You cannot withstand the storm.’ The warrior whispers back, ‘I am the storm.’” I have "I am the storm" tattooed on my forearm.....
  • Just for today, hang on
  • Hope begins in the dark.
  • I have two slogans. The first is God will never give me more than I can handle. The second one is "shit happens"! Just wish it didn't happen to ME so often!
  • @tiredmom ha. life does throw some curve balls huh? great slogans though!
  • "Be still, and know, that I am Lord..."
    Psalm 46:10
  • @Goodtr8s oooh, that is one of my favorite too..... reminds me to stop...go inside... trust god...rather then my "self".... that personal connection to god, ya know? i know you do!! :)
  • Thank you everyone for posting your slogans/mantras.
    Pretty down in the dumps lately and went off the rails last night @ home. Paying for it today: Disappointment, tears, depression.

Your posts are helping me through this afternoon.

Liz27
  • @Liz27 Hey there. I'm glad the posts are helping. I know you probably don't feel that great about yourself right now, but try not to stay there for long. Dust yourself off and get right back with it, maybe paying attention to what occurred before you slipped up.

And of course we are always here for you!
  • @Liz27... Try to go easy on yourself, my dear. Use what happened as a learning experience and try to focus on getting back on track. Like @dominica said, we are always here for you. No matter what!

Sending you love, light, and hugs.
  • Another one I like, is also from the Bible. I find it follows the "one day at a time." theme.
    "This is the day the Lord hath made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it."
    Psalm 118:24
  • @Goodtr8s amen.... all we have is TODAY.... let's offer gratitude for this! :)

@Liz27 HOW ARE YOU DOING??
  • If I have to deal with a pushy person or somebody who is just getting under my skin and I don't want to deal with them, I remember the old George Carlin quote, "Statistically, half the people you meet are below average."
  • HI @dominica!

I am doing really well. No drinking since the 11th.
    The day after my post on the 11th, my husband and I had a serious conversation about my inability to "just have one." He can. I cannot. I was extra sick on the 11th because my body had not had alcohol in a very long time. I wasted 2 days of my life (the 10th and 11th) in bed drinking electrolytes.

Though I know I am suppose to just live in the moment and enjoy, I am worried about Thanksgiving. I am used to my favorite French Wine. Going to the wine shop is part of our preparation. We agreed this year we are going to replace our "Wine Shop" activity with something else. We need a new tradition.

I am glad he and I are on the same page.

Liz27
  • @Liz27 2 cups of ginger ale, 3 cups of apple cider, 3 cinnamon sticks, 1 sliced apple. This serves 6 and you can put it in a fancy glass over ice, or prepare the ingredients after the cidar and ginger ale are chilled. Nice drink for Thanksgiving or any day for that matter. That is if you like those flavors. My family loves it. Husband has 16 years sobriety coming up.
  • Thank you @tiredmom !
    That sounds delicious!
    Thank you for sharing.

Elizabeth
  • @tiredmom sounds so good! thanks for sharing!
  • @Liz27 You can also put that drink in a large clear glass bowl or punchbowl. And double the recipe. It looks very pretty. Also if you are feeling motivated you can mix sugar with a little bit of pumpkin pie spice and dip wine glasses in it to line the rim, as I do. And if you like you can put a couple of extra cinnamon sticks in the mix. That is the way I like it best. Either way its good. It can become a new tradition serving that, like it is at my house.
  • Here is one of my other mantra's. "GO STEELERS"! Crazy last minute of the game! Proof anything can happen and turn around. Lol
  • @tiredmom i take it the steelers won. lol that's great... i have steeler fans in my family!!
  • @Liz27... I'm super proud of you, my friend. :)