Anxiety & Depression

Tying like hell to beat this, feeling a bit better with meds, but insomnia is a problem and the thought of going back to work soon for my unemployment is running out soon.
  • 8 Commentsby Likes|Date
  • I struggle with anxiety and depression as well and I think the solution mostly just relies on biting the bullet and introspection. I'm still struggling with it but I just try and be mindful and I try my best to make small accomplishments so I can get even just a little boost of confidence to keep me afloat. Good luck to you and I hope to hear more updates from you soon. I'm sure everyone here is cheering for you to succeed, including me.
  • @restokely hello and welcome. thanks for sharing. yes, we are all rooting for you. i have issues with anxiety and depression too. seems pretty common. sometimes nothing works and i sit with it...wait for it to pass. other times what helps me is listening to encouraging messages..reading books...exercise.

i hope you can get to feeling better soon.
  • I deal with anxiety and depression too. It is a struggle just to get through some days but I force myself to put one foot in front of the other and keep moving forward. I read a lot on the subject and about how other people get through it. I find that helps for me. I wish you all the best. Please keep us updated. We do care about you.
  • I too suffer from depression and anxiety and I understand about trying to beat this condition. I hate that the majority of the time I feel like it controls me and there is nothing I can do about it. I take medication for it but sometimes it does not help as much as I need it to. Right now, I am trying to get ready to move out of state and sometimes I look around my house and I think I give up. I am so overwhelmed by the magnitude of the packing, finding a new home, a new job, a new school for the kids, changing everything to a new address, and just everything. 

I have to keep saying to myself that is the best thing for us and that it will be fine. I will be fine. I can do this. It is my daily mantra for now and wishing I could just fast forward to the day it is all done. 

Just keep going one day at a time and keep telling yourself that you can do this and you will get through everything. Feel good about your little accomplishments and you will make it. 
  • The best advice I ever received was that we have happiness in cycles. We are always changing and we will go up and down. Just remmeber that the lows are just a low and that they can always go back up.
  • Is your condition clinical or you just feeling anxious and depressed. If you have clinical anxiety and depression, you should definitely take steps to overcome anxiety and depression. Before going to a behavior therapist or psychiatrist, try to heal yourself through alternative therapy such as yoga and meditation.
  • Is your condition clinical or you just feeling anxious and depressed. If you have clinical anxiety and depression, you should definitely take steps to overcome anxiety and depression. Before going to a behavior therapist or psychiatrist, try to heal yourself through alternative therapy such as yoga and meditation.
  • I have a friend that wen through the same thing recently. It might seem like the  world is closing itself around you but just hang in there, you will see, it will get better. She started doing some open courses and meeting people soon afterwards she got a job.
    She doesn't even seem like the same person anymore.