Staying on a tight sleep schedule

I find this to be the most important thing for me in regulating my sleep. Trying to sleep and wake up at the same time each day. Our bodies run on a circadian rhythm, which is usually based on night and day. Unfortunately, modern artificial lights has disrupted that for many of us. Another thing is to not take naps during the day. If I take a long nap, I usually don't feel sleep at night and end up staying up late. What is the most important factor for you to sleep well?
  • 5 Commentsby Likes|Date
  • In order for me to sleep well, I need to be very tired. So as you said, not napping for 3 hours a day helps out a lot. Going to bed in a dark and quiet  area also helps me to fall asleep very fast.
  • I have what I call a nightly ritual before going to bed and it helps me relax and doze off in no time. I usually take a long shower and then apply some lotion, etc right after. Then I make a cup of tea and read a book or a magazine while drinking. After I finish my drink, I grab my eye mask and go to sleep. I don't usually get up in between sleep so there's really no trouble for me. I also do not take naps in the afternoon mostly because I don't have the time. I guess this is also why I'm having no trouble falling asleep.
  • It's important for me to be properly hydrated and go to bed at least 3 hours after dinner. I cannot sleep well when my throat feels dry and my stomach is bloated. I either drink milk, water or turmeric herbal tea for proper digestion. I do think it's okay to take a nap in between the day because you need as much rest as you can but avoid drinking any caffeinated drink. Caffeine, more than a mid-day nap, is what usually triggers insomnia.
  • I have been trying to go to bed earlier and waking up earlier. You know, the early bird catches the worm and it does make sense in our lives. You can work earlier in the morning and be much more productive.
  • i tend to feel this way too....and we all need some good sleep for optimal health!