Anyone taking Librim for anxiety. I just started taking it 5 days ago. I take 25mg once a day. I like it because it don't make me sleepy. I hate to feel sedated and this one doesn't do that to me. I was wondering how well it works for you. I can't really tell all that much but I do fell calmer I guess and more chill. I guess it takes the edge off and is subtle.  I also read it was used for stomach issues and alcohol withdrawal. Wondering if it's safe to take for long term. I do get stomach issues too.  
  • 3 Commentsby Likes|Date
  • @cheryllei9h hello and welcome. i'm not familiar with Librim, so i cannot help you on that end. i do hope it works for you and i'm very glad you are here in the forum!
  • I think you're talking about Librium (chlordiazepoxide), which is a member of the benzodiazepine family (along with Xanax, Klonopin, Valium, etc.). I'm actually surprised that you said it doesn't make you sleepy, because drowsiness is a common side effect with all benzos. If it helps with your anxiety, that's a good thing. But I would caution you against taking it long term. Benzos are usually only meant for short-term use. If you take them for long periods of time, getting off of them can be incredibly difficult. You can't just stop taking them because it's dangerous and you can encounter things like seizures. It took me years--literally--to wean off of the Klonopin my doctor prescribed for me. Personally, I would never take another benzodiazepine again. So just be careful. And maybe ask your doctor what his/her longer-term plans are for you and Librium.
  • Okay thanks. And yes I spelled that wrong. I have been taking it for 6 days now and it doesn't make me sleepy. I guess that made me wonder if it was even working. I am glad it doesn't make me sleepy. I will ask my doctor about it next time I go in.