Anyone use the Sleep Cycle alarm clock app

As many of you know, we go through sleep cycles. A full sleep cycle is divided in three parts. There is the light sleep stage, the deep sleep stage, and REM stage. The idea behind the app is that when you wake up all groggy, it's because you woke up during the REM stage when you are in the deepest part of your sleep cycle. The alarm clock will identify which sleep stage you are in by monitoring your movements while you sleep and will wake you up when you are in the light sleep stage so you don't feel so groggy. Has anyone tried this and is it legit?
  • 2 Commentsby Likes|Date
  • This is completely new to me but sounds interesting. I may have to try it to understand better.

Thanks for the information on sleep cycles, I learnt something new and also about the app which sounds fascinating.
  • @darkrebelchild I'm not too sure about the science behind it, but it makes sense though. I'm just skeptical about how it figures out what stage of sleep you are in. If I remember correctly, in one of the stages, your body moves more and the phone detects that.