The Happiness Evangelist

I stumbled across this today regarding when we feel down or when others feel down....and we don't always know how to respond or don't love it the way others respond. 

Like being miserable and your friend says, "Aw, cheer up." or "Just get over it" and you want to tell them to get lost. You know they are just trying to help, but it doesn't make you feel any better. 

Came across these responses. Let me know what you think:

Dealing with a Happiness Evangelist: 
    It's uncomfortable to be around others that are miserable and others are uncomfortable around us when we are. 

When dealing with a Happiness Evangelist: Say, 
"Hey, I'm sorry, but I feel really horrible right now (about this) and I'm probably going to feel this way today (couple of days, etc).  What I really need from you at this time is to know that you love me and accept me.....I'll feel better in time, but not right now."

If you are a Happiness Evangelist, and it's tough for you to know how to be with another without just saying, "Be happy", learn how to be with them in t heir pain. Maybe say something like this...
"Whoa. This does sound challenging. (sad, crappy, etc.) I want you to know I am here for you."

If they apologize for being sad, you can say something like, "I totally love you when you are happy and when you are sad and I am here for you no matter what."

What do you think? We don't necessarily need to "fix" others, but be there for them and love them in all conditions.