Best type of bed

Have you experimented with different bed types? There are your regular spring mattresses and then there are memory foam mattresses. I've heard of the sleep number beds as well. Which do you prefer and which helps you sleep the best?
  • 2 Commentsby Likes|Date
  • I slept on spring mattresses my entire life until about six months ago. My wife and I needed a new mattress and didn't want anything to do with a foam mattress. So we got a new spring mattress. It didn't suit us, so we took a chance on a foam mattress that we bought online. I have to say, it's probably the most comfortable mattress I've ever slept on. And it's way quieter!! FWIW, the brand of the mattress is Tuft & Needle. You buy the mattress on their website, shipping is free, and you get 100 days to try it out. If you don't like it, you get 100% of your money back and the mattress is donated to charity. All that made my wife and I decide we had nothing to lose by trying it. And we're so glad we did!
  • Foam mattresses are heaven. They're so soft to sleep on and as @DeanD said, they make less sound than regular spring mattresses. I've experienced massive back pain by sleeping on spring mattresses but once I changed to foam - it wasn't long 'til the pain started to fade away. I also have a foam memory pillow and that makes sleeping much more enjoyable and comfortable to me now. No wonder why I don't want to wake up in the morning!