Nightmares & nightterrors

Hi guys, I used to get nightmares a lot when I was young and regularly wake up screaming in the middle of the night. It's started happening again and I don't know what to do. Anytime I'm under stress I end up having nightmares and I wake up screaming. Does this happen to anyone else?? ANY advice would be appreciated.
  • 2 Commentsby Likes|Date
  • Hi, @missym. I have night terrors on occasion, probably about once a year. When it happens, I wake up screaming at the top of my lungs. Sometimes I can remember why I'm screaming...it's usually because I had an awful nightmare. But sometimes I have no idea what caused it. It certainly scares the hell out of my wife, though.

I don't really have any advice. If I had night terrors more frequently, I would probably talk to my doctor about it. So maybe consider that? Or maybe talk to a therapist? What about exercising not too long before you go to bed, even if it's just taking a walk or something? Maybe if you're a little more tired it will help you sleep better. Just a thought.

In any case, I hope you can overcome these episodes soon.