The Cognitive Triangle

Today is proving to be quite difficult. I'm having surgery tomorrow, and my OCD keeps killing me over and over in so many different ways. 

I have learned about the cognitive triangle in therapy. It comes in handy quite a bit. 

Here is an excellent article about it and one of my basic assumption cycles (still in progress) that includes the triangle as an example...

• 4 Commentsby Likes|Date
  • Hi @azbantium, what a great example of someone who is actually rolling up their sleeves and doing the work. Good for you! The thoughts/feeling/behaviors concepts of CBT was super helpful for me also, and I believe can really help people put their addictions into perspective.

Thanks again for sharing this great picture, and more importantly, good luck on your surgery tomorrow! Sending you positive energy and hope for a speedy recovery, my friend!
  • Thanks for sharing this, @azbantium. @Joe's right: You are doing the work! 

I am sending you positive, healthy, healing vibes and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow. I know your surgery will go just fine. :)
  • @DeanD @Joe Thanks!!! As I'm sure you know, these are super hard to do. If they were easy though, then it wouldn't be a basic assumption. I have so many of these, but this one is the hardest as it has been reinforced for so long. 

So many believe that therapy fixes you. It doesn't. Therapy gives you the tools to fix yourself!
  • <<So many believe that therapy fixes you. It doesn't. Therapy gives you the tools to fix yourself!>>

This is SO TRUE, @azbantium!