What to do...

I have been in treatment for about 5 months now, and though I have learned a lot here I still find myself dealing with the same thought: I will use one more time, I know when and where. The problem is, I have mostly good memories tied to using these substances. If someone were to say, "Well you don't want to go back to how you used to be, do you?", the question doesn't make much of an impact on me because of the positive thoughts tied to the action and my past.

Has anyone dealt with this? Feeling like you are definitely going to go back and use, and try to get away with it just once?

Your insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!
  • 2 Commentsby Likes|Date
  • Hi Parthenon1,

If I might ask, what is it that led you to recovery in the first place? The first time I tried was before I'd had any "real" consequences. I can certainly relate to what you're feeling.

Full disclosure - the real consequences were on the way for me.

All the best,
    JR
  • @Parthenon1... I think a lot of people have the same thoughts you are having. But you have to try and convince yourself that going back and using again very likely won't be all rainbows and unicorns. And that "one time" likely will be more than one time. Like @Marsh89 said... The real consequences were on the way for him (or her). The best thing for you to do would be to stay clean and avoid the negative consequences that so many drug users experience. That's my take.