Focus on the positive

In recovery, and life in general, focusing on the positive will help create and keep momentum moving forward.

I love this quote:

“Forget all the reasons it won’t work and believe the one reason that it will." Unknown

We can so easily gravitate toward the negative..and believe me, I have before, but I do try to remember to somehow begin thinking more about the positives...to try to shift the energy or simply feel hopeful.

Hoping your Sunday is going well!  Anyone have anything they want to share? 
  • 2 Commentsby Likes|Date
  • For the last couple of months, I've started every day by posting "Three things I am grateful for this morning" as my Facebook status. I was inspired to do so by a friend of mine who struggles with depression and addiction. I would see his posts every day and it would remind me that we all have so much in our lives that is positive.

You're right, @dominica. It's so easy to gravitate toward the negative. And when we do that, we lose sight of everything good in our lives. It really helps to take a step back and focus on the wonderful things in our lives. I'm making it a point of doing that in 2017. 

So, just for an example, here's my Facebook status update from this morning:

Three things I am grateful for this morning:
    1. Walks with my wife.
    2. Leftover soup.
    3. Sixteen days without chocolate.

The bottom line: Concentrate on what you have, not on what you don't have. You'll be much happier if you do that. :)
  • @DeanD 16 days without chocolate! that's amazing! good for you!

a gratitude list sounds like a great idea! thanks!