Anyone read "The Biology of Desire"?

I've come across a book called "The Biology of Desire" by Marc Lewis. Anyone read it?

He is a neuroscientist that asserts that the model of addiction as a disease is not useful or relevant, and in fact, hinders people from recovering... he looks at addiction from a scientific lens... and asserts:

"Lewis reveals addiction as an unintended consequence of the brain doing what it's supposed to do-seek pleasure and relief-in a world that's not cooperating."

I may take the time to read this and let  ya'll know what I think. Wondering if @DeanD has read it...

HAPPY TUESDAY EVERYONE!!  And so ya'll know... you're very important in my life... :)
  • 3 Commentsby Likes|Date
  • I have not read this book, @dominica. But it sounds interesting. I'm gonna add it to my "To Read" list. Thanks for sharing!
  • Also, another great book is Unbroken Brain: A Revolutionary New Way of Understanding Addiction by Maia Szalavitz. In this book, the author sets out to show that addiction isn't a choice or a moral failing. "But it's not a chronic, progressive brain disease like Alzheimer's, either," she writes. "Instead, addiction is a developmental disorder--a problem involving timing and learning, more similar to autism, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), and dyslexia than it is to mumps or cancer."

She also writes: "Addiction doesn't just happen to people because they come across a particular chemical and begin taking it regularly. It is learned and has a history rooted in their individual, social, and cultural development."

(If you look the book up on Amazon, the first customer review is from me.) 
  • @DeanD awesome! thanks for the link.... i will add to my list as well and look her up....