Daily struggles with PTSD

I feel every time I wake up everyday it turns out to be a lot of regret that I have but some of it is little ones that can others lives as well it's for the better I had a friend in the day see me in this and didn't care to help me or fight for me he watched me go though it all. I feel everyday this and it hurts so much he wanted me to always drink and drink I didn't feel it was safe so I left the city and move up North away from it , but it was change I say I met this beautiful girl walked in my life and we have our ups and downs went to treatment for a better lifestyle and fix my mental issues up to the par . My family we come from is addicts so now I'm trying to overcome fully a clean addiction to drinking and use of marjuana
  • 4 Commentsby Likes|Date
  • @Dougman1986 ;Welcome to The Forum . Thank you so much for sharing. I'm sorry that you have struggled so much with various things. I am glad to hear that you are optimistic and trying to do better.

There's a lot of great information here in the Forum. Take some time to read around and comment as you wish. Feel free to join us in our own recovery process. There's a group of people here that will always support you however we can. We believe the best for you and your family. 

Hope to keep seeing you around!
  • @Dougman1986... Welcome to the community, my friend. 

Life is a challenge, there's no doubt about that. And, depending on various circumstances, it can be more challenging for some than for others. My advice is to stay positive and do everything you can to avoid using substances to "help" you get through life. Because even though using drugs or alcohol may seem like a good way to "fix" things, in the long run all they do is make things worse. A lot worse.

We are here anytime you need a little support, help, or just someone to listen. You are not alone.

Sending you positive mojo and hope for a better future. :)
  • Thank you @DeanD and as well yes its a struggle to be dealing with this .... It has been a taken a toll since between the ages of 19 to 23 now I'm 31 , trying to find medications that properly work , and yes I'm taking 3 different ones right now , there is so much to type or talk about I should write a book about it , I dont know just message me 
  • @Dougman... You're very welcome, my friend. Feel free to come and post here anytime. We're always here and we truly care.